Performant despite of corona
Date: March 26th, 2020
The dynamics and spread of the coronavirus are increasing, as its effects and the necessary restrictions are becoming visible and concrete for everyone. We are all facing challenges that affect the wellbeing of people and likewise the preservation of the economic system.
The primary goal for DIRAK is to accordingly protect the health of our employees while maintaining the integrity of business operations and ensuring that your needs are met.
We have taken various measures to ensure this.
- While maintaining accessibility and the contact information you are familiar with, our employees are working from home whenever possible.
- We are currently distancing ourselves from business trips, workshops, training, customer visits, trade fair visits, participation in trade fairs and internal meetings. Instead, we are communicating through digital channels in the form of phone and video conferences.
- To ensure hygiene measures, comprehensive training has been conducted and recommended actions have been issued.
- The number of hand disinfectant dispensers already available before the coronavirus has been significantly increased.
- The DIRAK cafeterias are closed.
- Employees who have had contact with persons under quarantine or are returning from a risk region are moving their work to a home office and will have no physical contact with the rest of the organization.
- If employees show symptoms of a cold, the point above applies as well as the instruction to be medically evaluated and to follow the resulting instructions.
In addition to the measures listed above, we are continually verifying general conditions to ensure that everyone’s needs are met. At the current time this means specifically:
- The delivery chains of DIRAK GmbH are not constrained. All production sites and suppliers are working without limitations.
- DIRAK in Germany as well as the DIRAK subsidiaries are keeping appropriate reserve inventories of finished goods and individual parts. In this way we intend to minimize the risk of a shortfall.
- Due to increased logistics traffic, some deliveries may arrive late. This applies to deliveries being received by DIRAK as well as those from us to you. Our response to these individual cases will be solution-oriented on a case-by-case basis.
- As long as worldwide logistics companies are providing their services, more extensive difficulties with delivery are not expected.Due to higher logistics traffic and because logistics channels are increasingly full, we are in constant contact with our logistics partners to ensure timely delivery to DIRAK as well as to you. Nevertheless, isolated delivery delays can no longer be prevented. We will respond to these on a case-by-case basis and in consultation with you and our logistics partners.
We are sensitively monitoring all developments worldwide and will keep you informed and up to date if there are changes.
Kind regards and stay healthy!